PT Antam (Persero) Tbk

Indonesia's First Chemical Grade Alumina (CGA) Plant Prepares To Commence Commissioning
Home arrow News, Reports and Presentations arrow News Releases

Jakarta, September 18, 2013 - PT ANTAM (Persero) Tbk (ASX - ATM; IDX - ANTM; ANTAM) is pleased to announce Indonesia's first Chemical Grade Alumina (CGA) plant, located in Tayan, West Kalimantan, is currently preparing to commence the commissioning which is scheduled at the end of October 2013. As of end of August 2013, the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) progress of the Tayan CGA project reached 97%.

ANTAM's President Director, Tato Miraza, said,
"Our team is currently focusing on the preparation to commence the commissioning of the Tayan CGA plant by the end of October 2013. The commencement of the commissioning phase also reflects our commitment to augment the stakeholders' aim through the development of downstream value added projects."

Construction of the Tayan CGA project began since June 2011 and is intended to process ANTAM’s bauxite reserves to produce up to 300,000 tonnes of CGA per annum.

The Tayan CGA Project is developed by PT Indonesia Chemical Alumina, a jointly controlled entity between ANTAM and Showa Denko K.K. (SDK) of Japan. ANTAM owns 80% shares of PT ICA and SDK holds the remaining 20%. The project is financed by the two parent companies' equity investments in PT ICA, a loan from the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) as well as commercial debt.

The CGA products will be exported as well as sold to the Indonesian domestic market. While smelter grade alumina is widely used for the smelting of aluminum metal, chemical grade alumina produced by PT ICA will be widely applied in the production of functional materials and electronic materials such as refractories, abrasives, building materials, IC packaging, and materials for LCD glass.

Print
 
Why Invest in Antam Annual Financial Highlights Reserves & Resources Sustainable Development
Current Share Price
Last1105
Change-15
Open1130
High1130
Low1100
Volume283911
Date19 AUG 2019 10:39:49
Detail
Currency Rate
Currency Sell Buy
AUD96389627
EUR1577315755
JPY134134
SGD1026610252
USD1422014205
Precious Metals Prices

PT Antam (Persero) Tbk

Base Metals Prices

PT Antam (Persero) Tbk